Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas, William - 12-22-08

William,

Merry Christmas, Son. It is really weird not having you here for Christmas. But, I know that you are where you are supposed to be, and doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing. I am very proud of you.

We got hit with a couple of major snow storms this week. Today alone we got about 8 inches of heavy, wet snow. Garth and Tricia are here and they are having fun sledding and playing. We planed on going to Salt Lake on Saturday to se the Temple lights and go see the Joseph Smith Movie, but I got called into work. We did a major software upgrade and rebuild a server. Fortunately I will get to use the extra time spent as “Comp Time” over the next couple of weeks.
Mary Ann and I got a chance to go to the Temple on Saturday and we did sealings for a bunch of people on my line. We had a very special experience when one of the names we did was great grandma Simonsen, Grandma Boy’s Grandmother. It was very special to have Mary Ann as the daughter when GG Simonsen was sealed to her parents.

This is what it is all about, the eternal Gospel of Jesus Christ, seals families together forever. I know that you have been taught correct principles and that now you have the opportunity to make your own decisions. So far you are off to a pretty good start.

Anneke and Benson will be here at the house on Christmas morning. So if you are able to call in the morning we will all be able to talk to you (Phone # 1-801-224-8964). I really am excited to hear about your first week in the mission field.

I want to leave you with a message from President Monson. How simple, straight forward and true his testimony is. And his love for the missionaries is clear and honest. I think that it will give you a lot of food for thought of the next several days.

Take care of yourself and know that we love you very much. I hope that you like what we got you for Christmas. I think that you will have a lot of fun using everything.

Merry Christmas, and we’ll talk to you on Christmas day.
Dad, Mary Ann, and Benson

--------------------------------------

Feeling the Lord's Inspiration
"I know without question, my brothers and sisters, that God lives. I testify to you that this is His work. I testify as well that our Savior Jesus Christ is at the head of this Church, which bears His name. I know that the sweetest experience in all this life is to feel His promptings as He directs us in the furtherance of His work. I felt those promptings as a young bishop, guided to the homes where there was spiritual—or perhaps temporal—want. I felt them again as a mission president in Toronto, Canada, working with wonderful missionaries who were a living witness and testimony to the world that this work is divine and that we are led by a prophet. I have felt them throughout my service in the Twelve and in the First Presidency and now as President of the Church. I testify that each one of us can feel the Lord's inspiration as we live worthily and strive to serve Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment