Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Teaching Spanish Families - 1-21-09

Well this week is almost gone and I have learned alot about time.

This past week Elder Davis and I have been busy up until yesterday, then all of our apointments fell through. No one really wanted to talk to us because of the Inaguration address. But, we did get done as much as we could.

On Monday we went spanish tracking, (we have a goal to have at least 10 hispanic baptisms this year in Newport News) and WOW. We started out going with a RM from the Hampton Ward named Bro Taylor Redfern. (He went to Ecuador) and we met so many spanish people. I can't believe that we won't get at least one of them baptized, and they are really cool.

Last night we played soccer with them and we lost badly, but it was fun. We are going out later in the week to visit them again and I really pray for the spirit to help me talk with them.
Now do I wish I knew more Spanish and that I could translate it.

Other than that this week has come and gone. Wow, I can't believe I am already in my 3rd month out here and coming up on transfers already.

The weather here has been really cold (not like Utah, here it is really wet and cold). I use to like the cold, but here it cuts through all of your clothing and right to you. I am still trying to make it.

The start of the week was bad though, I got a little sick and was in bed most of the morning and I was sick the rest of the day. Tuesday I still felt a little sick, but I feel great today and at about 6pm we will be working again.

I really enjoy the letters that I get and hope that you send another for this month or the next. I do save them all and will reread them some times.

Thank you for the talk today, I really needed it. I will probably use it today. I hope you are all well and that Benson is working hard in school. Tell him I will miss him and that I will tell him everything he needs to know about a mission when I get back. ( if he doesn't leave early).

I love you all
- Elder Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment