Tuesday, February 3, 2009

5 minutes of the SuperBowl - 2-2-09

William,

As promised I sent a real live stamp on the envelope letter to you this week, so the spiritual message can be covered in that. This letter is just a casual letter from a father to his son. Did I ever tell you that I got contact lenses? Benson got them too. They are working out great for him. He hasn't worn his glasses since the day he got them. For me it hasn't been so easy. I have had to try about 3 different styles, and I finally have a set the works. The problem is that I still don't care enough to put them in my eye everyday. I have only worn them about 3 day, (half day each time) and then they feel to dry in my eyes.

Benson and I had to fix the leaking toilet yesterday. When Mary Ann and I remodeled the middle bathroom I didn't seat the toilet on the pipe properly so after a few months it started to leak. We had curry on Saturday. It has been several weeks since we have had it. Mary Ann actually asked me to make it. I forgot how delicious it is. Have you had any interesting foods living "down south". I hope that you get a chance to try grits, callard greens, mustard BBQ, and real fried chicken. I hope that you are getting a chance to use some of the seasonings that we sent you.

In you last letter you said that Elder Davis was a new District Leader, so do you have a new companion (the Spanish Speaking Elder) or are you in a threesome, or ???. Either way, how are things going with you spanish families? How about your other investigators, anything? We pray for you everynight, and pray that the people that you are teaching will understand the message that you have for them.

I was checking the internet for interesting things about the Newport News area and found a blogsite for Elder Greg Malone. He is also surving in the Richmond Mission. His letter tell about his past companions, places and people that he sees at church. After I read a couple more letters maybe I will ask if you know some people that he talks about. He has 8 months left and talks alot about how he loves the people in Virginia. I have been in contact with his Mom, she lives in Mesa, Az. so I asked if she knows Susie. I haven't heard back yet.

I have a facebook account now, Benson told me I needed to set one up so people at work could find me. I have about 35 friends, so I am feeling pretty popular. Of course Indy has more friends then me, so I won't be bragging to much.

Elder Mooker has been having some great times in Germany, He talks alot about the same stuff you talk about, Tracking, the great people, and praying that people will be open to the message that you have for them. But he also gets to see some of the sights in Germany. Matt so a picture of Susie in Las Vegas by the replica of the Effle Tower and the Arch d'Triumph, and told her that he got to see the real ones. Matt also said that with 5 months left to go on his mission he was going to start buying souvenirs and sending them home.

Well, I am just about out of things to tell you about, I hope that everything is going well for you. I hope that you are seeing success in your work, and I hope the you feel the love that we have for you. Take care of yourself, and make it a great mission.

Love and wishes to your success,
Dad, Mary Ann, and Benson

P.S. I watched a full 5 minutes of the SuperBowl. One of the teams was wearing Red. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment