Friday, August 7, 2009

Preston for the Weekend - 08-05-09

William,

I am so glad to hear about Brent, Brandon, and Nicole, we have been praying for them. I think that it is cool that you got to feel what it is like to be the senior companion. I would bet that it isn't as easy as it looks.

We went to Preston, Idaho this weekend to visit a carnival that one of Mary Ann's team works at. The carnival was your typical small town rides, but we did genealogy on the way up, and on the way back. I got about 300 new names off of headstones. We even went to the Wellsville cemetery to get some headstone shots, and found out that Regina and Mary Ann are cousins. So we may see you at the next Maughan Family reunion.

Anneke went with Mom to Disneyland last week. I don't know why she didn't invite Benson. I think that he would have really enjoyed getting out of the house. I hope Anneke had a good time.

Sharon is coming up for Education week at BYU, and we are so excited to see her for an entire week. We had a great time visiting with her while we were in Arizona, but there never seems to be enough time.

Also, Garth and his friend are coming up this week. Mary Ann is excited to see him one more time before school starts.

Mary Ann and I are back on the diet again, and I am down 8 pounds in 10 days, and Mary Ann is down 6 pounds. We are excited to get back to the shape of real human beings and not the shape of beachballs. haha.

Benson is looking forward to school starting up, because he is just so bored. He is doing all sorts of odd jobs around the house, just to keep busy. I saw the picture of your fast Sunday meal. Good job! I see all of the basic food groups are covered. Hamburger helper, Mash potatoes and gravy, green beans, and Tony's. You can't go wrong with Tony's.

I have been making meals ahead of time and freezing them, to help stay on our diet. I made stuffed cabbage, Meatloaf, Cabbage wraps, and even invented some new recipes for taco soup, and green onion soup. The Taco soup is delicious, the green onion soup needs some more work.

Well, that's about it for this week. I love you and we pray for you everyday. talk to you soon

Love Dad, Mary ann, and Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment