Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Eagle Project lessons - 11-27-08

Dad,

Today was really cool, we had a member of the Seventy talk to us about mission success. The spirit was really strong during the meeting and I was able to really understand what he was saying and learned a lot from his talk.

Tell Suzie and Heidi thanks for the letters. I don't have my address book yet so I don't know their address'. If you want any pictures, you can ask Anneke for a copy of the pictures and movies on my card. Some of the movies are really funny and I think you will really like them.

[Anneke is maintaining William Mission Website at: http://sites.google.com/site/wboy4mission/Home]

As far as being here, I am ready to get out into the field and start sharing this great work. All though being here at the MTC is really cool and the knowledge that I have learned is really cool.

I also wanted to think you for the help you gave me on my Eagle Project. Today we all helped put together First Aid kits for the Humanitarian Center, and we watched some clips of some of the things the Humanitarian Center does and in a clip from Guatamala it showed some of the kits that I had put together for my Eagle Project. I remembered all that my kits have done and I remember the feeling that I had when we watched that movie up at the Humanitarian Center. I realized that through the Church we all have an opportunity to help people in need all over the world. In one clip there was a Lutheran Church that would give homeless people food and during the winter seasons the LDS Church would send food to them to make up for the shortage of food. I really felt good knowing that the Prophet wants to direct the Church toward helping people no matter who they are and knowing that has helped my testimony grow even more today. Christ wants his church to help all those in need and not just members of his church.

Your Son, I love you,
-Elder Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment