Saturday, December 13, 2008

Br Luebke's Influence - 12-11-08

Dad,

Thank you for the story (from the New Era) that is one of my favorites. As I read it I can still remember Bro Luebke telling that story to all of the teachers quorum up at his cabin. Then after he was done we all walked out to a clearing and separated, and had our own personal prayer in the still, quiet space. Looking back on that time, I wish that I could have done it more and cherished that time more.

After Bro. Luebke died, we talked about what he was doing. In Doctrine and Covenants 138:57 it talks about missionary work in heaven. I would like you to read it some time and tell me how it makes you feel.

I know with full asurety that Bro. Luebke is working hard in heaven and helping David find the people that are ready for the Gospel.

You asked what I would like for Christmas and I would really like a copy of this months New Era, so that I have a copy to hold onto, and read that story from the book. that story really has value to me in many ways. It has helped me in my life, and looking back in my life I would be a whole lot different without Bro. Leubke and David's influence.

Thank you again for sending it to me in a letter, and thank you for knowing what I needed to remind me of the lessons that I have already learned in my life.

Thank you and I love you.
- Elder Boy, your son, forever!

P.S. Can you send that to Anneke and have her put it up under the scriptures tab as New Era Dec 08 - The Gift Box by Scott Luebke

No comments:

Post a Comment