Monday, June 22, 2009

IM Session with William - 06-10-09

[Editor Note: I got into work planning to write a letter to William. Instead I was thrilled to have a IM chat window pop up from him. Here is the contents of the IM session. I later emailed the session back to William so that he would have a copy of it. ]

I thought you might like our IM session, as our letter for this week.

William Boy IV: sup

me: Hello

William Boy IV: this might work after all. How are things going?

me: Oh son, I am so excited to "talk" to you.
Give me a minute, I have tears in my eyes, just because you have caught me off guard.
We are all doing great, and I was just trying to add a note to last weeks email for you.

William Boy IV: ok, thanks

me: Mary Ann and I have started a new diet, and she is down 7 pounds.

William Boy IV: For the next little while I will be emailing at 10ish am

me: I am down 20, but I have more to lose.

William Boy IV: Very cool!

me: I am so excited to hear about your new area, and that you are so positive about the work that you have to do out there. I have told everyone about how cool your last bishop was, with calling the members to really support the missionaries. Your emails get here around 9am so that has been giving me 30 minutes at work to send off an email to you.

William Boy IV: Ya this new ward is really into mission work, and I am really excited to work with all of the members.


.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

me: Did I send you a picture with Benson next to the 66 mustang?

William Boy IV: Where did that come from?

me: I am storing it for my Boss, but I am telling everyone that it is mine. Just to play with their heads. Benson has posted the picture on his facebook, claiming that it is his just for fun.

me: Are you still there?
oh, thought I lost you.

William Boy IV: What? Why can't I store a mustang for my boss?

me: I have been playing with the church's new Genealogy program

William Boy IV: I have about 15 mins so I will finish and talk with you next week I really like this

me: I am becoming the expert at the Family History Center

me: Have you heard how things are progressing with Nicole? The woman from your last area

me: Robin is going to be coming up to Utah on the 19th. So he will be staying with us in Anneke's room

William Boy IV: I have not heard about Nicole yet. But I should at the beginning of next month, because that is when I get the report on baptisms, and cool with robin.

me: Cool, I really am praying for her. You have been so good about including us in the progress of your investigators. We include them in are prayers along with you and the other kids.

me: Mary Ann is excited to see her kids again on July 24th. We are going to the Wendelboe Family Reunion in Las Vegas. How are those new suits working out for you? How cool for Br. Del Santos to get those for you.

me: Well, I may have lost your connection, but just a few minutes with you on an IM session has
reminded me of how much I miss you.

William Boy IV: I have not been able to wear them yet, because the pants are getting hemmed by a member and so I am hoping to get them back this week. I only have 5 mins left so I will talk to you next week.

me: ok, cool. Matt is coming home from his mission in France in about 4 weeks. His letters are mostly about all the work he has to get done before he leaves. He hasn't mentioned anything about wanting to come home.

me: We bought Sharon a new computer at the BYU surplus sale. It will run circles around her old machine.

me: Well, looks like I have lost you for real this time, I love you, and I pray for you everyday. Take care of yourself - Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment